Time to Write

Monday, January 20, 2014

PLDT Landline Plus Prepaid SIM

I think I'm ready to try out the PLDT Landline Plus Prepaid SIM. I saw some social posts from renowned tech evangelist Marc Macanas of Tech Pinas and low-key mobile phone maestro Reggie Ramos a.k.a. DR on the Go regarding the PLDT Landline Plus Prepaid SIM. I'm considering getting one for work because as Reg mentioned, it'll make me (and other users) much more reachable. I currently don't have an office landline, so this will suffice for now for communicating with colleagues who are office-based and using the traditional wireline telephone unit.

https://www.facebook.com/DRontheGO 
DR on the Go PLDT Landline Plus Prepaid on his Facebook Timeline

Some things to note when using this. 1) Some SIMs do not have load when installed. There were some promos before that offered a small load amount for use in making local calls. Hope this will be conducted again when I purchase the prepaid SIM. 2) After installing the SIM / attaching the SIM into the mobile phone slot, he SIM has to be loaded with credit - either via a load card or PLDT / Smart Load retailers. This string has to be dialed to activate the SIM: #101*300 (for P300 load cards). 3) dial these numbers to check one's balance: 101-328 (you will be transferred to a customer care representative or #101-328 for menu.

Tech Pinas Community on Instagram

My "share of pocket" includes a Smart number (LTE coverage is better), a Globe Handyphone postpaid line (from the late 90s pa) and a SUN prepaid. I'll try a wireless landline soon. Additional tips will be posted once I get my prepaid kit.

Additional tips from my colleagues, Jhoycee Simbulan and David Aguilar:

No comments: